Melvin writes about how important it is for the ongoing work of the church that our giving continues during this time, if your financial situation allows you to:
Giving to the Ministry of St John's, Riverside and St Faith's during the Coronavirus crisis
A number of people have asked how they can continue giving, or even start to give, to the ministry of the church during the Coronavirus crisis when normal offerings through the envelope scheme or collection plate can’t be taken.
- First of all this may be the opportunity to give on a regular basis to the Newland Christian Trust which funds most of our work (including staff salaries) by setting up a standing order which we would strongly encourage you to do. Details of how you can do this can be found further down this page.
- Second, you may wish to put to one side your regular giving in a safe place until we are meeting together again and then place it in the Newland Christian Trust giving envelopes. We will make sure there are plenty available or ask Shirley in the office.
- Thirdly, you may simply want to record how much you would have given and then, when the crisis is over, place that amount in an envelope and hand it in.
Obviously it is vitally important that we continue to give to the Lord for his work here and abroad during this time and, if anything, this crisis has at least underscored for us the fragility of life, God’s goodness in giving us the gift of life and the primacy of eternal things - storing our treasures in heaven and so shaping our attitude towards Christian giving in a positive, generous and joyful way.
With deepest appreciation and thanks to our Lord,
Your friend and minister,
“There is… another trait which not only delights our heavenly Father’s heart but also reflects that heart, and that is the generosity of giving.”
Loving generosity is at the heart of God
Loving generosity is the heart of God’s people
The video below shows the fruit of joyful giving
If you are part of the church family, please...
- Give regularly
- Review your giving annually
There are three broad areas where our money is spent:
The route for giving:
The ministry is primarily funded through The Newland Christian Trust (a registered charity) which funds most of the staff and much of our ministry; it also enables our mission giving.
For more detail on how the money is spent, and how to direct your giving please download a booklet giving more detail on giving.
1. Prayerfully review your giving and decide how to direct it.
2. Let us know what you are going to give using the links below
- Give to The Newland Christian Trust via Internet banking using our online form
- Give to The Newland Christian Trust by cash or cheque using our downloadable giving form
- Give to the PCC using our downloadable giving form
If you need to get in touch to discuss your giving, please use the email links below:
Giving to the NCT - Email
Giving to the PCC - Email
or Contact Us